Vehicle Systems and Driveline Analysis
- Designed for automotive control-system design, simulation, and analysis
- Predicts vehicle energy consumption and performance
- Provides a complete set of turnkey vehicles including vehicle and component level controls
- Facilitates integration of proprietary models, controls and processes
- Based on MATLAB©, Simulink and Stateflow
Math-based framework for automotive system design
Autonomie is designed for rapid and easy integration of models with varying levels of detail (low to high fidelity) and abstraction (from subsystems to systems and entire architectures), as well as processes (e.g., calibration, validation).
The Autonomie Plug-and-Play framework features numerous capabilities and allows one to:
- Integrate third party tools for plant models (e.g., AMESim, GTPower, SimScape, Modelica...).
- Link to third party environmental and economic models (e.g. GREET).
- Import third party processes for distributed computing, co-simulation (e.g., CosiMate) and optimization (e.g., POUNDER).
- Support “industrialization” of models, processes and post-processing through current standards (e.g. FMI).
- Customize architectures, models, configurations, use cases, post-processing – all models and controls are open.
Autonomie is used to assess the energy consumption and cost of multiple advanced powertrain technologies, including:
- Complete set of vehicle models for a wide range of classes, powertrain configurations and component technologies including vehicle level and component level controls developed using dynamometer test data.
- Impact of component sizing for different powertrain technologies to define the component requirements (e.g., power, energy).
- Impact of component technologies (e.g., advanced transmissions, engine, batteries).
- Impact of powertrain configurations (i.e., conventional vs HEV vs PHEV vs BEV vs Fuel Cell).
- Impact of vehicle level control: instantaneous optimization, rule-based optimization, heuristic optimization and route-based control.
- Energy impact at the transportation system level when combined with POLARIS.